Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Decor

Even after living in Townsville for three years, it's still hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit when it's 32 degrees Celsius (90 degrees Fahrenheit) and there's a big palm tree right outside my living room window.  But each year that we've been here, I've bought one or two decorations for the house.  This year we have our own Christmas tree (thanks to my mom) for the first time since we've been married.



It's small, fake and sparsely decorated, but I don't care; it's a Christmas tree!  What do you think of my homemade tree topper?  My mom suggested a big bow, but I didn't have any appropriate ribbon.  But what I did have was silver pipe cleaners.  While we were decorating the tree, Alexis got to open her first Christmas present.  Thank you Grandmas Lisa for giving Alexis her first Christmas tree ornament.



This is our Santa Claus.  He's actually a tree topper, but he's too big for our small tree, so we put him on our bookcase instead.



Our Christmas table.


1 comment:

  1. Your house looks darling! Alexis looks different in every single picture....I am such a bad friend I need to come see you guys!!! Hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete