Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Girls' Weekend

Alexis and I recently got back from spending a few days in Brisbane with our friends the Hanns and the Atkinsons.  Rebecca, Steph and I became friends when we were all living in Townsville, but sadly they have both moved to Brisbane.  And since they've moved, Rebecca has had her first baby (Gabby), Steph had her second (Noah), and I had Alexis.  I was desperate to see them both and the babies.  I was lucky to find some cheap plane tickets, so Alexis and I headed off.  It was so fun to watch the babies interact with each other and for me to be able to relax and visit with old friends. 

Rebecca and I taking the babies downtown.
We saw the Valentino exhibit at the Gallery of Modern Art.  It was amazing to see so many vintage Valentino dresses.  Beautiful!

Alexis and Gabriella.
It was so cute to see these two girls together.  They didn't quite know what to make of each other.  It was Alexis' first attempt at sharing toys and I must admit that she didn't do so well.  She kept grabbing everything Gabby tried to play with.

Alexis with Eliana and Noah.
Alexis absolutely loved Eliana.  And Ellie was very nice about sharing her toys and playing with Alexis.  Noah is just so adorable; he has the most kissable little baby cheeks I've ever seen!

We took the kids to a local park by Seth and Steph's house.  The girls had fun swinging and feeding the ducks, eels (!), and goldfish.

Our trip went by so fast.  Next time I will definitely plan a longer visit.  We miss our friends already.

No comments:

Post a Comment