Thursday, April 7, 2011

The beginning of the end

John turned in his PhD thesis today!!  We are so proud of all his hard work and dedication.  Now the waiting game begins.  Hopefully his reviewers will be prompt. 

A funny side note:
When John called me today to tell me the great news, he asked me to book him in at a local spa for a celebratory back massage.  For some reason I thought he said back wax.  I don't know how I could confuse back wax with back massage.  I thought it was weird that he would celebrate by getting his back waxed, but I made the appointment and was even able to get him in today.  When he got home this afternoon, he asked me if  I thought his back was too hairy.  I looked at him like he was crazy.  "Does it matter?" I asked him, "you're getting your back waxed."  His response: "What do you mean back wax, I'm getting a massage!"  Whoops.  Luckily we were able to switch the appointment and John will be getting a full body massage first thing tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Brandon A. BatemanApril 20, 2011 at 5:56 AM

    from the million times staring at john's back hair waving through the tropical waters of hawaii while he descended to depths of 60 to 80 feet, i must say, it never seemed that bad!

    Congrats my friend, you deserve both the wax and the massage!

    ReplyDelete