Saturday, April 30, 2011

18/2011 (formerly known as Church #65)



Today was Alexis' first day in nursery.  She did pretty well.  I took her in and stayed for about 30 minutes.  And she was doing well until John went to check on her about another 30 minutes later.  She saw him and after that she wouldn't stop crying, so the nursery leader had John come in for a bit, but every time he tried to leave again she would start crying, so he just stayed in there for the rest of the time.  Next week I think that one of us will still stay for a bit at the beginning until she's settled, but after that, we'll stay away unless someone comes to get us.  Still, I think the first week was a success, because I didn't think that we would get to leave at all.

Also, you'll notice I changed the name of this church post to "18:2011," meaning the 18th week of 2011.  I really like having a weekly photo of Alexis.  It's amazing to go back and look at the previous weeks and see how much she changes in such a short time, but for one reason or another (sick, on holiday, crying baby that won't hold still, etc.), we don't always get a "church" photo, so by labeling them by week, I'll be able to post a weekly picture regardless.  It also means that I can post non-church pictures that I like from the week that don't really belong in a post all by themselves.  Example:

Alexis at the Missionary BBQ at the Strand this past Friday.
I hope that you enjoy the weekly pictures as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment