Monday, May 2, 2011

First Go

Today, Alexis and I had a first go at toilet training.  It was . . . interesting.   During the two hours that she was in panties, she went pee five times and four of those times was in her panties/on the carpet.  However, the one time that she did go on the toilet was the first time that she had ever done that, so we definitely celebrated.  Alexis passed the "readiness test" in the toilet training book that I have, but as soon as we started, it became apparent that she's not really ready.  She is very interested in the toilet and she loves to read all of her books about other "big girls" that use the potty, but I think it would be better to wait a month or two for her verbal skills to increase even more.  And we need to focus more on helping her understand when she goes pee.  She always tells me when she goes poop, but never pee.  We're also going to help her understand the difference between wet and dry.

I'm glad that I gave it a go.  It will definitely help me to know what to do better next time around.  But it was exhausting and stressful!  Alexis was only in panties for two hours and both of us were wiped out by the end.  I was planning on trying longer, but after two hours, Alexis was a basket-case and I ended up putting her down for an early nap.

Here is a picture of Alexis in her training panties:
(That pose is all Alexis! I did not prompt her to do that.)
(I love that her left thigh still has a roll of baby fat!)
(And she's wearing John's watch - one of her favourite accessories.)

No comments:

Post a Comment