Sunday, August 14, 2011

33:2011


Alexis dancing in her new tutu:
Thanks Nana!

Big news . . . today Alexis went to nursery with no crying!  I got her all set up at the table to colour and then I left.  She watched me leave, but just kept colouring.  We are so happy.  The nursery leader commented to us about how Alexis is so helpful (she helps to put the toys, etc. away).  That makes us feel good.  The nursery leader also told us that Alexis put her lunch away in her cubby hole all by herself.  What a big girl!

Funny things about Alexis:  She is obsessed with pimples.  We have no idea why.  Every mole or freckle she sees, she will point to and say "pimple."  I have a mole on my face that I grew up calling my 'beauty mark.'  Alexis has called it a pimple in the past.  The funniest thing happened last week when she pointed to it and said "nipple." (Nipple!?! -- this is on my face, remember.)  When I said "no," she then said "pimple."  I said "no" again and taught her how to say "beauty mark."  Hopefully, she'll call it that from now on.

Alexis is also very interested in "big girls" that go potty on a toilet.  Every time I use the bathroom, she says "Mommy, big girl."  Sometimes, she even says "Daddy, big girl" when John goes to the bathroom.  We tried to teach her "big boy," but she still calls John a "big girl."  Hopefully Alexis will learn to be a "big girl" that uses the toilet soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment